Friday, April 24, 2009

Raku Raku and More Raku!!!


It's been a while since I've updated my blog. Been super busy working in the studio. I have a raku show/sale coming up on May 9th here in Bend and I've had to really try to crank out more work. I recently got a new raku glaze recipe to try out. Boy do I love it!! The result is a stunning multi-colored piece.

While I have the whole set up for rakuing at my own studio, I have done the last two firings with RACO. That's the Raku Artists of Central Oregon. Pottery is a lonely art. Usually potters are working away...a one man operation shall we say. So it's nice to spend time with like minded artist. We ooooo and ahhhh over each others work. Oh, we're a motley crew to say the least. But it is a very laid back group and we share information and have a good time. What a wonderful way to spend a day!

1 comment:

Jolene said...

The Raku Artists of Central Oregon (RACO)enjoy having such an Artsie Lady in our group! Happy mud buddies all of us.